put your expertise into action!
Volunteer Opportunities: General
Are you good with a hammer? Have you had retail or bookstore experience? Are you computer
savvy? Maybe advertising is your thing? Whatever your interest, we would love to have you be a part
of LCA's volunteer staff.
How to Volunteer
Come into the LCA to fill out a volunteer application, get a background check from the police, talk to a staff member, set a starting time, and begin logging hours!
You may also click here to download a printable volunteer application,
You may click here to fill out an online volunteer application.
Whatever skill you have, we would love to incorporate it into our LCA vision and purpose. Below are a few volunteer opportunities.
LCA Building Work
- Outside work: Sweeping, winter snow plowing and shoveling, painting, outside cleanup and maintenance, trash removal, caring for the indoor and outdoor plants, and more.
- Cleaning: General cleaning, dusting, window washing, carpet cleaning, trash collection and disposal, and more.
- Specialty: Carpentry, assembling new bookshelves, repairs, replacing light bulbs, maintaining the entry bulleting boards, and more.
- Writer: Develop high interest, level-appropriate materials for adult students.
- Research: Grants opportunities, community involvement opportunities.
- Editor/Proofreader: Quarterly Newsletter, Web information
- Office Assistant: Copying, office inventory, shopping lists, help answer phones, general office help as needed.
- Hospitality/Hostess for Special Events: Open Houses, Community events at LCA
- Public Relations Specialist: Assist LCA with public service announcements, press releases, and special events, i.e., Biz Bee, Golden Mile Run, Annual Book Drive
- Website Management: Update the LCA website on a regular basis.
- Computer Apprentice: Refurbishing donated computers to get out into the community.
- Tutors/Teachers: Volunteer as a tutor, teacher: computer skills, consider teaching a quarter-long class.
- Bookstore Volunteers: There are many positions available in the bookstore. Check out the Volunteer: Bookstore page.
- Tutors: Learn more about the opportunities to become a tutor for Adult Literacy, School Age, or Cross Age at the Volunteer Tutor page.
- Board Member: Serve on the volunteer Board of Directors.
- Assistant to Board of Directors: Help with special projects such as fundraising events and LCA's Membership Drive.
- Truck and Driver: If you have a pick-up truck and some time, we could use your help.