English Language Learner (ELL) Program Coordinator
Currently seeking an experienced and innovative coordinator for our adult ELL Program. Job entails leadership of the ELL team (70%) and direct instruction (30%). Must have years ELL/ESL/EFL teaching experience.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday, up to 40 hours/week
Rate of Pay
Bachelor's degree in related field
Minimum of two years of teaching English as a foreign language
Experience in administration, leadership, and healthy teamwork
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional interpersonal skills & ability to interact with students in engaging manner
Comfortable with online teaching platforms and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Strong work ethic and community minded
Compassion, flexibility, and patience for students
Desire to see students succeed in their life goals
Lead the Literacy Council's ELL Program.
Oversee instructors and volunteers, curriculum, student recruitment and engagement.
Create a positive and friendly learning environment for our students
Track & analyze data for the ELL program
Collaborate with other Literacy Council programs and assist with agency events.
School Age Literacy Coordinator
85%-90% of Work Time: The individual in this position is responsible for the academic enrichment of at-risk youth living in the Birch Park Housing Community. Birch Park is a low-income housing complex run by Alaska Housing Finance Corporation. The after school program will include recruitment of students, implementation of educational programming and structured environment, and planning of family activities and special events.
10%-15% of Work Time: This individual will also oversee our new school age tutoring program known as “Level-Up.” This program offers educational services to 8th grade students. The program emphasized reading and writing skills, virtual learning, and credit recovery in an efforts to assure a successful transition to high school. Position reports to the Executive Director.
Hour of Work:
Monday- Friday, 30-40 hours/week.
Rate of Pay
Key Outcomes and Goals:
Provide a safe, nurturing, and educational environment for at-risk youth living at Birch Park. Foster youth talent, interest, and academic skills. Promote the development of a strong and supportive family unit for these youth; primarily living at Birch Park. Be innovation and dynamic leading an effort to help 8th grade students in our community succeed academically.
1. Bachelors degree in education or related field.
2. Teaching and instructional experience with you.
3. Experience in program management, supervising staff or volunteers.
4. Demonstrates high levels of interest and aptitude in working with school age children and at-risk youth.
6. Computer and virtual platform expertise.
7. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
1. Run LCA’s year-round after school program for children in grades K-6 at Birch Park and manage the “Level-Up” educational program for 8th grade students.
2. Manage additional tutoring as appropriate for youth living outside of Birch Park.
3. Maintain a vision for education to influence the lives of youth in our community by means of an after school program: teaching, tutoring, enrichment activities, community engagement, etc.
4. Plan and implement events to promote family engagement
5. Provide targeted academic assistance and credit recovery
7. Ensure the safety and security of students enrolled in ASP
8. Maintain records, enter data, and produce monthly and annual reports. Manage program data for monthly and annual reports.
Please send your letter of interest, resume, and references to email@example.com.